It’s always the same story – statistics, precedents and conformity. People basing their entire lives on a set of arbitrary rules designed to stifle creativity.
From an early age, we’re taught to blindly accept the results of someone else’s thinking, usually to our own detriment. Most of us never formulate original thought based on personal experience. And, that’s a shame.
Think about it. If only 5% of individuals are successful in life, why in the hell would you model your behavior after the mind-numbing mediocrity of the other 95%?
That’s a rhetorical question.
A Good Rule Of Thumb
Whatever everyone else is doing, just do the opposite. If you live by this one rule, I guarantee your life will be epic! And, so will your work.
Your brain is hardwired to pay careful attention to new. Why? Because, there was once a time when new could kill you… but these days, it usually does the opposite. And, at the end of the day, that’s what we’re all selling – excitement.
Something Modern lives lack. Our society has traded in personal experience, for a filtered one. The unknown, for the familiar. Freedom, for security. And, our souls are withering.
Don’t be afraid to be different. Create something new. Go out on a limb, it’s where all the fruit is.